Wednesday, April 09, 2014

How to Clean Your Bridal Gown After a Trash the Dress Session

I am blessed to have photographer friends in my network which gives me a lot of opportunities working with them. In 2007, I had a chance to work on a project "Wedding Trashers Philippines". It is a project of a group of wedding photographers who do this kind of photography.

For those of you who do not have any idea, "Trash the Dress" is a style of wedding photography that contrast elegant clothing with an environment in which it is out of place. It is generally shot in the style of fashion or glamour photography."

In the photo session, the bride wears their bridal dresses and do various things where the dress, almost every time gets muddy and soiled or most of the times gets ruined. 

And so did I :-)

The Bride in the Rain

I'm glad that after 6 years, my bridal gown still fits me with the help of a little magic :-)
It's ok! Get muddy and dirty.

Make Up by : Jesse Alto
Hair by : Steve Pagsanjan
Accessories by : Matzang
Flowers by : April of Giordino De Manila
Photography by : Ems Chua of Van Goth Photography Studio
Location : Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife

After your trash the dress session, there is one thing that will come to your mind, will you keep your wedding dress or will you trash it?

If you decide to keep your dress like I did, another question will arise. How are you going to wash your dress and turn it back to its original immaculate white glory?

Here are some tips on how to clean your bridal gown after a trash the dress session :

Inspect your dress
Before the start of the session, I already made up my mind to keep my dress. So I made it sure that I will very careful with it. Check out for stains and what does the stain consist of. Check also for grayish/yellowish spots on your dress. In my case, storing the dress for 6 years turned my dress to grayish/yellowish white.

Prepare for the battle
If your dress is as simple as mine, you should easily be able to clean your own wedding dress by hand-washing it. With the right tool (your hand) and detergent, you can turn your wedding dress to its original immaculate white glory.

I suggest you use Perwoll Brilliant White liquid detergent with "fiber rebonding technology". Your grayish/yellowish white clothes can get white again with this product. It has optical brighteners that re-new white colors. It also has a fiber rebonding technology that prevents colors from fading and remove the grey appearing fabrics. The Perwoll Brilliant White liquid detergent is for white clothes only, if you want to use this brand for your colored clothes, then use the Perwoll Black instead. I recommend this product because it is environmental friendly, made by Henkel from Germany.



To prove my point, I made a little experiment with my favorite "glamorous white" costume of the Pag-IBIG Fund Chorale.

The Pag-IBIG Fund Chorale in their "glamorous white" attire
My Mama Neng who regularly do the laundry for us washed my fave white attire with our newly discovered product and we were amazed with the results. She totally loved it! What I also loved about this product is that it is gentle on the hands and it is safe on sensitive skin.



Now, I am ready to step foot on the stage again with my "performance ready" glamorous white attire.


At last!  We can now make sure your wedding dress and your favorite white clothes will last and will always looks new with Perwoll Brilliant White liquid detergent. Try it and be ready for your next  Trash the Dress session.

To know more about this product, visit the following pages :
Official website : http://www.perwoll.com.ph 

or simply watch this video

No comments:

Post a Comment