Friday, February 21, 2014

Jewel's Pre-Birthday Shoot : Tips and Tricks to Children Photography

Allow me to be nostalgic this time. I still remember when I was still TTC (trying to conceive), those days when I  prayed hard everyday that God would grant us even with just one child and we will be fine. 

But the Lord said, I will not just give you one, I will give you two.


And there came my youngest, Jewel, the precious one!


Exactly seven years ago when I gave birth to my youngest. I thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to raise these two adorable girls. 

And now that she's seven years old, I want to capture her innocence through photography.  


And this is not an easy task, in fact taking photos of children is one of the toughest, especially if the child is as playful as our Jewel.

According to our photographer, Mr. Edwin Mirabete, taking photos of  children is more challenging because they move fast, they easily get bored and they don't take modelling instructions. 

So what can we do now to take better pictures of children?

Here are some tips if you are planning to take photos of children yourself according to Udi Tirosh of DY Photography

1. Make it a Game
Try and play with the kid while you are taking the shots. You have two choices here : find something they will keep focused for some time or try and play with them.



2. Make them Laugh
Kids look best when they are happy. Making faces, telling jokes. Another option is to do some easy magic tricks, kids love them and they break the ice instantly.





3. Go with their Mood
Be patient. Be patient. Oh baby, be patient. Kids have moods, sometimes their happy, sometimes sad, sometimes playful and sometimes they want to cry.


4. Get some Assistance.
If the kid is acting wild and restless, a kind word from mommy can help. Mommy can also be in the picture. I remember Jewel asked me "Mommy, bakit ba kailangan nating gawin eto?"

If you have more tips on how to take photos of children, post them here as comments.
 I would love to hear from you.







 Photography :
Chriz Carpo Fotografia 
0917-5315624

Edwin Mirabete
035 Katuparan St., Brgy Commonwealth, Quezon City
022-4611697

Props & Styling  
Mommy JLo of  KidiKraft
 #10 Road 2, Bagong Pag-asa, Quezon City
0917-8092571

No comments:

Post a Comment